Install HL2CTF to Play (Client)
- Back up your existing /cfg/config.cfg and any other files you want to keep from your "hl2ctf" folder!
- Make sure you have downloaded the client installer, hl2ctf171_client.exe.
- Exit Steam by right-clicking the Steam icon beisde the clock on your taskbar.
- Double-click the installer you downloaded.
- Click Next.
- Verify your SourceMods folder.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Run Steam.
Having problems getting the game to run?
- If you have HL2DM but not Half-Life 2, or vice versa, the game will not work correctly.
- If your name appears as “unconnected*” reconnect to the server.
Run a Linux Server
- Install HLDS Update Tool and srcds (tutorial.)
- Make sure you have the HL2MP content installed: ./steam -command update -game "hl2mp" -dir
- Download the hl2ctf171_server.zip and unzip it into /srcds_l/hl2ctf
- Adjust /hl2ctf/cfg/server.cfg to customize the game settings.
- ./srcds_run -console -game hl2ctf +maxplayers 12 -autoupdate
Run a Windows Server
- Install Steam and use it to get Source Dedicated Server.
- Alternatively, use the HLDS Update Tool for Windows (tutorial.)
- Download the hl2ctf171_server.zip and unzip it into Steam/SteamAppsemail@example.com/source dedicated server/hl2ctf
- Right-click Source Dedicated Server in Steam, and set the following Launch options: "-applaunch 320 -game hl2ctf -console +maxplayers 12"
- Edit /hl2ctf/cfg/server.cfg to customize the game settings.
- Double-click Source Dedicated Server in Steam.
© 2006 HL2CTF.org. Valve, Steam & Half-Life 2 trademarks of Valve Corporation.